Provide subject matter expertise in all coating related issues. Supervise QC Coating Inspectors to assure timely execution of inspection activities. Assure that the specified protective coating meets the project requirement.
- Provide clarifications for any coating related activities.
- Take initiative in improving quality and efficiency of coating activities.
- Prepare project specific protective coating inspection and application procedures.
- Ensure readiness of QC to meet the project requirements and schedule.
- Facilitate generation of Technical Site Queries as and when required.
- Review of bid documents to identify/report risks and opportunities.
- Review MR, RFQ/TBE.
- Review and approve Vendors painting procedures.
- Provide training for the development of production foremen.
- Conduct pre-assessment and in-process audits on sub-contractors.
- Determine adequacy of manpower requirement in relationship to the MLF.
- Conduct periodic site walkthroughs and audits to ensure compliance to quality and client requirements.
- Report quality issues relevant to protective coatings to Project Quality Managers.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and performance of the QC inspectors and Identify training needs of QC Inspectors.
- Resolve all quality issues during the full duration of project execution.
- 12+ years Quality Control Coating Inspection and related experience in Protective Coating Field
- Diploma or Equivalent Degree in coating field.
- Coating Inspection Qualification (minimum): NACE level 3 / FROSIO Level 3 / SSPC PCI Level 3/ British Gas Grade 1.
- Computer Skills
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.