Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Accountant (UAE NAtional Only)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Posted 2015/10/20 03:48:19
687 People have applied
• Minimum 2 years experience in Accounts and Finance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounts.
1. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
2. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
PRINCIPLE TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
2. Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
3. Analyze and review budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal, and private funding, contracts, and grants.
4. Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
5. Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
6. Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
7. Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
8. Develop the annual operating budget and consult with departmental management on the fiscal aspects of program planning, salary recommendations, and other administrative actions.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Education, Training, and Library
Employer (Public Sector)
25 January 2020
Years of Experience
United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
About This Company
The Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET) was established by the directive of His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, through Resolution No. 49/2010.
ACTVET is committed to establishing policies and standards that effectively regulate technical and vocational educational institutions in the emirate of Abu Dhabi. ACTVET is also responsible for the licensing of trainers and tutors that meet the demands of the UAE’s local market.
The Centre aims to boost training and educational opportunities for young nationals within the qualification framework of the Emirate. ACTVET's ultimate goal is increasing the number of skilled Emirati youths in rewarding career paths and foster life-long learning and personal development.
ACTVET oversees a number of entities that provide accredited educational and vocational training programs, in line with the best international standards, to prepare students for the labor market. The entities consist of the Abu Dhabi Vocational Education and Training Institute (ADVETI) and the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT).
ACTVET Core Activities:
Devise strategies and policies related to technical and vocational education and training;
Provide consultation, educational and training courses to public and private institutions in the Emirate;
License vocational and technical institutions in line with applicable laws, regulation and accreditation;
Developing strategies and mutually beneficial partnerships with public and private education companies and bodies, as well as with training institutes;
Guide and assist Abu Dhabi Government and private institutions on technical and vocational education and training;
Undertake original educational research in coordination with other Government bodies.