Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Posted 2018/12/20 09:37:03
297 People have applied
Minimum 5 years experience in of database administration.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field.
Responsible for supporting ACTVET databases and ensuring their performance, availability and security.
PRINCIPLE TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. 24/7 support of production database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by our business systems.
2. Design, development and administration of databases.
3. Performance monitoring, reporting and tuning of databases.
4. Management and maintenance of back-ups & recovery procedures.
5. Installation and maintenance of database server, replication and client environments.
6. Reviewing and tuning SQL and PL/SQL code.
7. Designing database packages and procedures.
8. Security and access control.
9. Provisioning of database development and testing environment.
10. Provision of support and assistance to development team in the design, development, testing and tuning and implementation of database application.
11. Creation and maintenance of SQL queries and routines.
12. Required to deal with complex data models and object relational database mapping.
1. Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
2. Self-motivation and ability to learn quickly.
3. In-depth Knowledge of different databases with production support experience in multi-project environment.
4. Ability to communicate effectively.
5. Experience with Unix/Linux in a multi-domain environment including basic commands and scripts.
6. Good working knowledge of job scheduling and monitoring tools.
7. Experience of working with multiple projects/tasks and the ability to priorities on the fly.
8. Experience of supporting multiple teams within a business.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Education, Training, and Library; Information Technology
Employer (Public Sector)
Years of Experience
United Arab Emirates
About This Company
Education, Training, and Library
United Arab Emirates
The Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET) was established by the directive of His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, through Resolution No. 49/2010.
ACTVET is committed to establishing policies and standards that effectively regulate technical and vocational educational institutions in the emirate of Abu Dhabi. ACTVET is also responsible for the licensing of trainers and tutors that meet the demands of the UAE’s local market.
The Centre aims to boost training and educational opportunities for young nationals within the qualification framework of the Emirate. ACTVET's ultimate goal is increasing the number of skilled Emirati youths in rewarding career paths and foster life-long learning and personal development.
ACTVET oversees a number of entities that provide accredited educational and vocational training programs, in line with the best international standards, to prepare students for the labor market. The entities consist of the Abu Dhabi Vocational Education and Training Institute (ADVETI) and the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT).
ACTVET Core Activities:
Devise strategies and policies related to technical and vocational education and training;
Provide consultation, educational and training courses to public and private institutions in the Emirate;
License vocational and technical institutions in line with applicable laws, regulation and accreditation;
Developing strategies and mutually beneficial partnerships with public and private education companies and bodies, as well as with training institutes;
Guide and assist Abu Dhabi Government and private institutions on technical and vocational education and training;
Undertake original educational research in coordination with other Government bodies.