Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
System Administrator is responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting a company's Software defined environment Virtual Machines, Virtual Storages and hosting servers and Manage Users access to resources. Manage and maintain the servers and storage in acceptable level of operation.
- Manages Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and server and workstation patching with SCCM or other paching software
- Manages the physical and virtual environment (Hyper-V & VMWare) of servers
- Have familiarity with MS SQL server, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and group policy.
- Perform housekeeping of storage space in accordance with best practices.
- Ensures the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develops and maintains documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Manages end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices
- Performs tests on routine system backups and restores and provide weekly and monthly report.
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, troubleshoots, and correct hardware and software issues on servers, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practices server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.
- Develops required reports in response to business user and management needs.
- Manages the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling, and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access.
- Builds and deploys new servers on the network as needed.
- Have familiarity with NAS and SAN storage management, and MS DFS
- Coordinate with network & security engineer, business application team and support team to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Deploy workstations, servers, printers, scanners systems.
- Provides Head of IT with status reports throughout assigned projects and critical tasks.
- Problem Resolution – participates in the activities related to project management and problem resolution.
- Escalates concerns/issues to Head of IT when outside of area of responsibility.
- Provides feedback concerning recurring concerns/issues.
- Comply with Information Security guidelines.
- Adheres to ADA followed laws and procedures and IT specific policies and procedures.
- Complies with Company Environmental, Health and Safety Policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Manuals including applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Performs any other duties as reasonably assigned.
Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Specialist, Networking with CISCO Routers